Friday, June 20, 2008

More Beautiful Hearts - sized for a card!



I have been busy with lots of personal projects lately, but I finally have a chance to post some of the variations of the Four Wedding Hearts design that I posted last Friday.

Here is the first - it is the same design but made smaller so it will fit on a 5 x 7 card. I did my first test cut on Die Cuts with a View (DCWV) white core paper - because I had a lot of it on hand from a great sale at Tuesday Morning.

Here is how that cut looked on the mat - the white core gets a bit exposed in this delicate cut



When the outer area is removed this is how it looks on the mat - I left it here so you could see the size by the grid on the mat.



I discovered that it is very easy to damage these cuts when using this paper - it tends to separate as you can see where the white spots are showing here



To glue these delicate items down I use my Creative Memories Precision Point adhesive pen. The glue dots on and is white - just let it sit until it is clear and then it will adhere perfectly with no oozing.



Here is the purple cut on two different colors of card - yellow and pink



I cut off the damaged area and I think the remaining piece looks like a butterfly - I should try making a bit of a body for it!



I cut this design again on solid cardstock and I prefer these results - no separation or white core showing!



There was a tiny spot in the center due to a small gap in welding (I fixed this for the posted file) so I added a little blingy heart to the center.



I hope you can use this for wedding or romantic cards. I'd love to see some finished results!

Four Beautiful Hearts - card size

3 comments:

  1. Wow Cap!!! You been busy! Love all the pretty heart cuts. Gonna have to look at the wedding cart again. Hugs

    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this heart design. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Bubbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from the people who read my blog. I moderate all comments to keep spam off the blog without making you decode the squiggly letters so your comment may not appear immediately.