Sunday, July 20, 2008

Quick and Easy Cards



What do you do with a piece of paper like this?



I got this paper in a stack from DCWV (Die Cuts With a View) which had lots of "background" papers but I could not see how to place photos on a page like the one above. Here is the stack



The motifs are very cute and they already have glitter so I thought they would be good for cards - they just need a bit of a frame and some "pop"!

So I used the Design Studio software to set up scalloped squares from the Mini Monograms cart and scalloped rectangles from the Celebrations cart. I needed to measure each motif after I trimmed it and then adjusted the exact size of the scallop shape that I would use to mat it - I made the paper shapes 1/2 inch larger than the cut out motif. I simply entered the dimensions in the Shape Properties box so I knew that the size would be perfect. I placed the color I chose for each scalloped shape in the correct position on the mat according to the grid and cut the shapes.



I put foam squares on the backs to make the designs pop up a bit from the page. I used plain white cards in a 5 x 7 size and attached bright color mats in the 4 1/2 by 6 1/2 size from a mat stack by the same company so the color matching was easy.



Here are close ups of all of the sets of cards













There is no cut file for these as you will need to adjust the size to suit the paper you choose. This is a quick way to "mass produce" cards. I can add a stamped greeting to suit any occasion or just use these as note cards.

3 comments:

  1. You are a lifesaver!! I kept looking at that page & couldn't figure out what to do with it...now it will make some cute birthday thank yous for my little one...great idea!!

    Kris from cricut MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. your super smart. now i dont have to buy those little nestablities dies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are times when mass production sure comes in handy. Thanks for the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from the people who read my blog. I moderate all comments to keep spam off the blog without making you decode the squiggly letters so your comment may not appear immediately.