Monday, January 26, 2009

Indie Art Diamond Frame



A few people took a guess at the cartridge I used for this design - most thought George, with Stretch Your Imagination, Accent Essentials and Dreams Come True thrown in for good measure. One person did get it right - "abusyfamilyof6" said Indie Art with maybe a bit of George. The design was actually done with just one element from Indie Art.

I am often surprised by the ways some of the cuts on the various cartridges can be put to use to make very different looking new designs. I didn't think the Indie Art cartridge would have a lot of items I would use but I was wrong! Here is a picture of another frame I did using Indie Art - and a LINK to the original post from last July (the file is available in that post). This one looks like a perfect frame for the evil queen in "Snow White!"



For the Diamond Frame, I started with the item highlighted in this screen shot of the keypad.



Below you can see the original faceted diamond cut and the frame it forms when rotated at 90 degree intervals and moved carefully into position.



I cut the frame in three colors - I am planning to do a few more when I get back home. Here is the basic frame in dark gray.



I then took the various bits that are cut from the outlines and used them to fill in the holes - below you can see the darker gray outline and some lighter gray pieces added in to fit.



Below is the photo from yesterday's post, which shows the frame on a blue background with two colors added in to fill some of the areas - leaving the background to show through in other areas. There are many permutations possible which will lead to all sorts of interesting and different patterns.



You could use this as a frame around a special photo, using colors to suit the occasion (perhaps a wedding or an anniversary). This was sized to place in the center of a 12 x 12 page but you could easily make a smaller version for a card.

So thanks to those who participated for playing along in the guessing game - I hope you can use this design for one of your projects. As always, I'd love to see what you do with it!

Diamond Frame

4 comments:

  1. Your files, and the fantastic pictures and tips you share are amazing. Thanks very much for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. You have a great imagination and explain the process very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is so creative. Thanks for all your wonderful work. The prizes would make a great 60th birthday present on February 8. LOL Have a Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from the people who read my blog. I moderate all comments to keep spam off the blog without making you decode the squiggly letters so your comment may not appear immediately.