Thursday, May 7, 2009

Digital Challenge #3 - Make your own digital element from a photograph



As you know by now, I have taken on the role of Digital Challenge Coordinator at a new crafting (and more) website called From C to Shining C. If you want to participate in this challenge you will need to join the forum site (linked above) in order to be able to post your project in the gallery.

I work with the Creative Memories StoryBook Plus program for my projects, but the challenges can be done in any digital scrapping program.

I am a bit late in getting this posted today - so I hope no one has been waiting too eagerly! I had an early medical appointment and then a never ending stream of calls and appointments!

Today's challenge is to take a photograph and turn an object in the photo into a "digital sticker" or element that you can use for your projects. You will be saving the item as a PNG file.

I will be doing this with my garden gnome photo that I took while visiting our son at college last week.



Here is a LINK to some directions on how to do this if you are using the Creative Memories StoryBook Creator Plus software. I will try to find a tutorial link for Photoshop (if someone has one please leave a comment and I will add it to this post).

Once you have made your "sticker" you can use it in any digital project - a scrapbook page, card, desktop design - whatever you want to make! Please post your project in the FCTSC gallery as usual.

At the top of this post, there is an example of a recipe layout I did for a challenge. I took photos of the Gingersnap cookies I made and then layered and grouped them to make "photo corners." It is a lot of fun to have completely personalized elements to work with in your digital projects so I hope you enjoy taking on this challenge!

Here is a closer view of the digital part of this page.



Have fun with this one. If you have any questions, please comment here or on the FCTSC thread (here is a LINK). I will post my garden gnome project there when it is finished.

1 comment:

  1. I'm stopping by today to tell you I've nominated you to receive the Kreative Blogger Award. Hop over to my blog to see how to collect your award.

    Laurinda

    http://lulus-creations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from the people who read my blog. I moderate all comments to keep spam off the blog without making you decode the squiggly letters so your comment may not appear immediately.