Monday, January 11, 2010

Heart Medallion Card



I spent much of my day assembling multiples of several items - most are swaps that you will see here soon and a few are surprises that you "might" see somewhere else.  I did take the time to cut out the card design I showed you yesterday and I used the papers that I had tried out "virtually" for everything but the small heart in the center which is pink glitter cardstock.

I set up an additional page in the file and copied and pasted the items I needed for the card front, segregating them by paper choice.



Here you can see the actual pieces of paper on the mat.  I used the 12 x 12 mat (I usually cut with the Expression at home and travel with the baby bug).  I did make sure that the file would work for either machine - the "cuttable" area is slightly different on the 6 x 12 mat and the 12 x 12 mat.



After I did the sample with the Creative Memories papers, I set up the cutting page make full use of two 4 x 6  pieces of paper in pink and red.  I added extra hearts - we can all use extra hearts!  When you cut these be sure to first hide the center of the top layer or your tiny heart will not be large enough to cover the center cutout.  I did put a note on the tab of the file to remind you to do this.



I put together the layers and then used foam squares to pop up the large heart medallion.  When you remove the heart medallions from the mat be sure to mark the top of each piece so you can get them to line up properly when you stick them together.  They appear symmetrical but there is a slight variation which will make the layers uneven if you don't layer them in their original positions.



Here is one more view of the card.  I used plain white cardstock and cut a piece of the background paper to 4.25 x 5.5 inches and adhered it to the top of the card.

The file has all of the extra pages I set up for the previews.  You actually need to cut from one page only for the card elements.  If you want to cut the card base instead of using a standard half sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock, you can cut the template page from your choice of cardstock.

7 comments:

  1. Diane,

    Beautiful card!!! I can't wait to try this out! I appreciate all your hard work, and wonderful designs! You are so talented and your work is amazing!!!!

    God Bless,

    Lisa Sturgill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Thanks for your expliicit explanations, it makes things so much clearer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. boy how i wish you were here where i live to show me how to use design studio.

    this is beautiful.

    chriswooten57
    mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all of your wonderful designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your fabulous designs with us lesser mortals! Can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from the people who read my blog. I moderate all comments to keep spam off the blog without making you decode the squiggly letters so your comment may not appear immediately.